Classic Deviled Eggs
Author: Laurie Cromie, BariatricEats.com
- 12 large eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (or Paleo-compliant mayonnaise)
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Place eggs in a single layer into a large pot of cold water, making sure the pot has enough water to cover the eggs with one inch of water over the eggs. Turn stove on high, and bring water to a rolling boil. Once it reaches a rolling boil, turn off heat, cover pot with a lid, and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove eggs from pot and place directly into a large bowl of ice water. Allow them to chill for a minimum of five minutes. Peel eggs, and rinse each one to make sure all peelings are removed.
- Carefully slice each egg lengthwise. Carefully pop (or scoop out with a spoon) each egg yolk into a mixing bowl. Set aside egg white halves.
- Add to yolks, mayonnaise, rice wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, and salt. Mash very well with fork until smooth and creamy.
- Using a plastic sandwich bag, cut a corner of the bag to create a hole. Scoop egg yolk mixture into the bag and seal bag. Use the opening in the bag to pipe the mixture into each of the egg white halves.
- Sprinkle paprika over deviled eggs.
DON’T LOSE THIS RECIPE! PIN CLASSIC DEVILED EGGS FOR LATER!
Pages: 1 2