How to Cook the Perfect Rib Eye Steak
Author: Laurie Cromie, BariatricEats.com
- 8-12 oz. rib eye steak, about 1-inch thick
- Olive oil
- Coarse salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp butter, or my herb butter recipe
- Preheat 10" skillet by placing it into a cold oven and turn the oven on to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While skillet and oven heats up, brush a thin layer of olive oil on both sides of the steak. Salt and pepper the steak generously, or to your liking.
- Once oven reaches 500 degrees F, using hot pads, remove the skillet from the oven and place on the stove. Turn the stove burner on high.
- Place the steak into the skillet and sear for 30 seconds. Using tongs, turn the steak over and sear for another 30 seconds.
- Place skillet into the hot oven and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until it is done to your liking.
- Remove steak from skillet and place on a plate. Top with butter and cover the plate. Allow the steak to rest for five minutes before serving.