Low-Carb Bacon Egg Cups
Author: Laurie Cromie, BariatricEats.com
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 6 slices of non-sugar bacon
- 2 Tbsp fat of choice (coconut oil, olive oil, melted butter, etc.)
- 6 large eggs
- Shredded cheese, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- While waiting for oven to preheat, in a large skillet, fry bacon slices until they are just slightly under-cooked. Remove from skillet and set aside on a plate to cool.
- In a muffin tin, brush with oil of your choice to prevent sticking. Wrap each piece of bacon into a circle and place into each slot in the muffin tin. One at a time, scramble each egg, then pour the egg into the center of the bacon. Repeat until all of the tins are full.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. If desired, sprinkle cheese over bacon egg cups for the last few minutes of baking.
- I suggest using the bacon grease to saute a green vegetable while waiting for the bacon egg cups to bake.
- Once the eggs are cooked, allow to slightly cool, then using a butter knife gently lift the bacon egg cup out of the muffin tins, and serve. Refrigerate or freeze extras for later.
Don’t lose this recipe! Pin Low-Carb Bacon Egg Cups for later!
Pages: 1 2