Complications from Not Taking Bariatric Vitamins:
First, I feel the need to express to you how critical it is to take your vitamins! Many awful complications can arise from not faithfully taking your vitamins, but some of the common things I have personally seen from other post-ops include:
- The need for iron infusions
- The need for blood infusions
- Early osteoporosis
- Severe anemia: closing of throat, malformed fingernails, lack of blood and oxygen to your vital organs
- ICU on atrial fibrillation, heart failure due to low iron
- Loss of coordination and ability to walk due to low B12
- Paranoia and hallucinations
- Death from lack of B1, thiamine
…and those are just cases I have heard of from fellow post-op patients!
As you can see, neglecting your vitamins is very serious! It may be inconvenient, but we can literally die from not taking our vitamins.